I try my best to maintain a healthy lifestyle, focusing on whole foods whenever possible. (Don’t you dare think I don’t enjoy a gluten-filled pizza though from time to time!) For me, it’s all about balance.
Eating a balanced diet can sometimes come as a challenge, especially when you are living a busy life. (Can you feel me my #girlboss-es?!) Let’s be honest, driving through the drive-thru shaves many minutes off of a trip inside the grocery store. Luckily, King Soopers just launched its ship-to-home program, where they deliver a wide selection of natural/organic/eco-friendly products straight to your door! (Currently only for shoppers in the Denver/Boulder area).
I have to say, it was wonderful being able to select my items and have them delivered straight to my door. Talk about a time savor! To celebrate, I whipped up the recipe below. I hope you enjoy!
Super Seedy Harvest Granola Bars
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds ( I used these) roughly chopped (you can use walnuts or pecans, if you prefer)
- 1 heaping (seriously) packed cup dates, I used these Tree of Life Organic Medjool Dates
- 3 Tbsp Hodgen Mill Flax/Chia Blend
- 2 Tbsp Go Raw Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar preferred) – I used this
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- Toast the oats and almonds in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes, until slightly golden brown.
- Process dates in a food processor for about 1 minute, breaking them down into small bits to form a “dough” like consistency. (they’ll probably roll into a ball, and that’s fine!)
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl. Add seeds.
- Warm maple syrup and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to an 8×8 dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Cover with plastic wrap and press down with something flat, such as a book, to get them really packed tight. This helps them from getting crumbly. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from dish and chop into even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. I kept mine in the fridge to keep them extra fresh!
Try Live Naturally for yourself with the code EATPRAY to get $15 off your $50 purchase, PLUS free shipping!!
This content was created in collaboration with Kroger Family Stores using free products provided by Kroger.