The Mr. and I spent the weekend in the Pacific Northwest, Portland to be exact. Brandon had never been to the PNW, and I hadn’t spent much time there either, so we had been planning all year to make a trip out to see my brothers (they live there) in the fall. I’m so glad we went when we did, because the season proved to be magical. Read through for some of my recommendations on things to do in the city.
Turtleneck, c/o / Sweater, c/o / Jacket (old) – similar / Boots, c/o
Tote, c/o / Jeans, c/o / Karen Walker sunnies via Ditto– try for 1 month free with code EPWL
1. Multnomah Falls – About a 30-40 minute drive from the city, this is well worth the trip. I couldn’t get over how lush and green everything still was, while the turning leaves of fall still sparkled their autumnal beauty. This area is simply breathtaking. You can take the quick route along the Columbia River, or there’s a number of falls you can see along the Historic Columbia River Highway. We went along the river to the falls, then took the scenic route back, stopping at Crowne Point.
2. Eat at Jake’s Famous Crawfish – You can’t go to the PNW without enjoying from of the area’s fresh fish, and this historic eatery is the place to catch some of the best seafood.
3. Visit Willamette Valley Vineyards – Any chance to partake in a region’s varietals, is a high up on my to-do list. The PNW is home to some of the best Pinot grapes in the nation, so we took a trip out to Oregon’s wine country for a little tasting. It was a cold/rainy day, so a wine tour, followed by tasting inside by the warm fire, made for a dreamy day. The vineyard is about an hour outside of Portland, but again, worth the drive – especially getting to see all the beautiful grape leaves in all their fall glory.
4. Voodoo Donuts – We didn’t go here because we have one in Denver, but it’s a legendary place that’s a must-do for newcomers.
5. Waterfront – Taking a stroll along the waterfront is an incredible sight for anyone to see, but this landlocked Colorado girl especially loved it. There are so many beautiful bridges, and (again) the fall leaves that decorated the tree-lined streets were like something out of a movie! (Saturday Market is a fun day-fair that occurs every weekend. Something worth checking out.)
6. Kennedy School – Being that we have our own turn of the century school turned restaurant/bar (Ivywild), here in Colorado Springs, I was curious to see the Kennedy School in Portland. It’s a cool place to go for a drink, but the food was not impressive.
7. Departure Lounge – Located on the 15th floor of the Nines Hotel, the Departure Lounge is your spot for a sexy night out in the city. It feels a bit like you’re walking into Space Mountain when you arrive, as the whole vibe is uber futuristic. The incredible asian fusion food is accompanied by incredible views of the city lights. A great place to go for tapas and craft cocktails.
8. Huber’s For Spanish Coffee – The presentation in preparing this drink, makes Huber’s your go-to spot for a nightcap. If you follow me on snapchat (leah_behr) you know what I mean! Warning: it’s one STRONG drink. I barely got through half of my coffee before I had to give it away.
Linking With: Pink Sole / Bloved Boston / / Manic Monday / Mix It Monday / Trend Spin Linkup / Style Elixir
Happy you had a great time and love your basics. So perfect for exploring.xo PinkSole
The view of the bridge near the falls is stunning and jaw-dropping! Such a beautiful city and an equally beautiful look!xo,Abby of Life in the Fash Lane
Thanks for the virtual tour of the lovely Portland sights – love how you layered this cozy look!Rebeccawww.redtagchiclosangeles.com
Definitely a place I want to visit! It looks beautiful! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston
How fun is this post!!! I totally want to visit!!! So fun! Happy Tuesday! xoxo,Victoria http://www.coffeeandablonde.blogpsot.com
Love a cool casual + polished fall outfit- and that utility jacket is perfect!-AshleyLe Stylo Rouge
I've never been to Oregon, the nature looks so beautiful! Also like your outfit, comfortable and stylish!Bella Pummarola
I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU DID NOT TELL ME ABOUT VOODOO. Ha! I am so sad I didn't make it there because I consider myself a sweet expert. 😉 Glad you had a fun time with your family and hubby. This is such a great look. Layering perfection. Amy AnnStraight A Style
I have a brother in Portland as well! Such a great city! Love this casual look too and VooDoo sounds amazing!Wishes & Reality
This layered look is so lovely, I love it with the turtleneck!Eleventh & Sixteenth
Absolutely love this post! It's a gorgeous place :)-Adi xxowww.fancycorrectitude.com
I absolutely love Portland! It's about a 6 hour drive from our place. It's one of our fav places to visit actually! It's super clean and beautiful! I still cannot believe we have not checked out the voodoo donuts.. that will be on our next list since I know Portland is famous for those! Lovely photos btw:-)www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca