Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving, guys! Hopefully some of you were able to sleep in, but I’m cursed with an internal clock that doesn’t let me sleep past 6:30, so…here I am (with my Gobble coffee cup, of course.)
This time of year is always so special, because it forces us to just stop and be thankful. Sure, we should live with a heart of gratitude everyday, and I hope that you do, but I don’t think there is anything wrong with taking a day to celebrate all we have to be grateful for.
To be honest, this year has been a whirlwind of emotion for me. I’ve had a ton of truly amazing things happen, but I’ve also been dealing with and confronting a lot of pain. I’ve had to search deep for my joy, which usually comes very naturally to me. Without going into too much detail, let’s just say, it’s been a hard year.
It’s also been a really great year though, and I have a whole lot to be thankful for. A few things I’m grateful for are:
1. My husband. Brandon is a good man. Simple as that. I’m so thankful for his love for me, which I discover more deeply everyday. Not only does he work hard, but he works hard at us. We are not perfect, and I don’t think any couple is, but even in our difficulties, I can honestly say that our relationship gets better and stronger. And I really don’t have that many difficulties to begin with. I adore my husband, and I couldn’t imagine a more perfect partner for me.
2. Our home. On cold mornings like this, I’m so thankful that we have a warm home, because I know so many that do not have that same fortune. We bought our first home this year, and it’s been such an experience for Brandon and me. We renovated to the point that we couldn’t live in it for the first few months (and I discovered that I’m a lot more handy than I gave myself credit for!). It was such a great experience getting to create this space with my husband, and put our own stamp on it. It was certainly stressful at times, but it also connected he and I in a different way, and I’m thankful for that experience.
3. Kygo. Man, I love that dog. We don’t have children, so Kygo has really been the first “thing” we’ve had to be responsible for. It’s so funny how Brandon and I have cared for this dog and been able to see glimpses of how we would be as parents. Puppy parents are for real, people! (Psst..sneak peek at our Christmas card photos below.)
4. Family. So many people will never get to know the joys of having a big family. Sure, it comes with its fair share of chaos and hardship, but being part of a family means that you will love and be loved, forever. That is power. This year, my parents are coming over to Brandon’s parents’ home for Thanksgiving, and I’m especially thankful that I get to have both of our parents in the same place.
5. My Job. As some of you know, I work with my husband and his parents in real estate. They (my FIL and MIL) have been in the business for 30+ years, and are simply two of the most respected people in our business, because of their hard work and integrity. They have worked hard to build their business, and I’m so thankful that Brandon and I have been welcomed into that space. It’s a true blessing to be able to combine “old school” hard work and experience, with “new school” technology and spunk. Together, we are going to have our best year yet!
6. Friends. I have some of the best friends on the planet. I truly couldn’t imagine my life with you.
7. This blog. I’ve said it time and time again, but the community this space has created for me is astounding. Girls I’ve never even met, that feel like sisters. All of the opportunities its created with some of my favorite brands. Even being recently featured in the December issue of InStyle Magazine. (pinch me!) And most importantly, all of you that take the time to stop by and read my thoughts, see my pictures, and share your comments. That truly means the world to me. I could never thank you enough!
I have loads more to be thankful for, but my dog is not going to be very thankful for me if I don’t take him for a walk soon!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
Sweater (On sale for $39 and comes in 6 colors!)/ Fleece Lined Arctic Print Leggings via Patterns and Pops / Gobble Mug via TJ Maxx Home Goods