I must admit, staying fit during the holidays is no easy task. Between Christmas cookies around every corner, and copious amounts of wine, you’re pretty much doomed the second Halloween rolls around, up until the new year. (No wonder there are New Year’s resolutions!) Today, I’m sharing some of my best tips for staying fit during the holiday season.
1. Exercise in the morning: I’ve learned that this is crucial! As hard as it is to find motivation in the morning, it’s essential for me to actually get my work out done! Inevitably, if I wait until evening, I’ll be either too tired to exercise, or something will come up and I’ll never get around to it. To ensure you can partake in all the season’s festivities, while also keeping an eye on your weight, morning workouts are the only
weigh way to go.
2. Indulge (a little): One surefire way for me to fall off track is by depriving myself from goodies. I find that if I have a little taste of whatever it is I want, the urge goes away and I just move on. Conversely, If I try to stear clear of treats for too long, I totally binge and fall off the wagon. Hence my motto, #treatyoself
3. Drink TONS of water: Yes, TONS. Half of your body weight (in ounces), to be exact. When you’re dehydrated your body craves bad food, and function at a much less capacity than it should. Make it your goal to drink half your weight (in ounces) and I guarantee you’ll feel infinitely better throughout the day.
4. Eat your veggies: This is a no brainer! Fill yourself up with fruits and veggies instead of processed junk, and you’ll not only feel better about the way you look, but you’ll actually feel better, too!
5. Wear cute workout clothes: I’ve said this before, but it’s something I really believe. When you look good you feel good, and when you feel good you do good. I tend to do a lot more hot yoga in the winter months, so these mesh bar tights are perfect for the studio. The mesh material is breathable, while the fabric is moisture wicking – aka perfect for a sweaty yoga sesh! This jacket is so perfect for heading to class when cold temps roll around. The fleece lining make it super warm and cozy, while the asymmetrical construction make it stylish enough for running around town.
6. Keep a food journal: If you document what you eat throughout the day, you are less likely to overeat. This has been one of my tricks for the longest time, and I swear by it!
7. Liquid calories are the devil: I know that pumpkin spice latte is to die for, and that egg nog martini sounds so good, but if you’re looking to curb some major calories, still to red wine and low calorie coffee beverages.
Linking With: A Touch Of Tartan / Pink Sole / Bloved Boston / / Manic Monday / Mix It Monday / Trend Spin Linkup / Style Elixir / What I Wore // Spotlight Weekly // Happiness at Midlife / Summer Style Link Up // Book of Leisure / Cassidy Lou / Flashback Fridays