Wow guys…we are living in crazy times. And, no matter what your thoughts are on the Coronavirus pandemic, you can’t ignore that life as we know it has completely changed. (Who knew toilet paper was such a hot commodity!?)
If you, like me, would prefer not to go to grocery stores right now, I have rounded up a list of delivery services you can use over the next 14 days (or however long we are instructed to stay home).
- The Butcher Box – If you’ve headed to your grocery store lately, you’ve likely found that grocery stores are baren of beef (and chicken, but I’m a sucker for alliteration). Butcher Box is an amazing delivery service that sends high-quality grass-fed meats to your door. They are stocked and a great resource if you are lacking protein in your home. Order here.
- Instacart – TBH I’ve had good and bad experiences with Instacart, but I am a huge fan of this service, at the moment and wish everyone would utilize it to keep the majority out of grocery stores. If you’re not familiar, basically you sign up for service, order your groceries from the store of your choice and a shopper will go grocery shopping for you. You set up the delivery time, and they text you when they’re shopping so they can communicate substitutions with you.
- ClickList & Whole Foods Pick up – I use these two all the time to save me from having to grocery shop with my busy schedule, but they are my besties at the moment to keep me out of grocery stores. Order your groceries online and then pick them up. Easy peasy. (Whole Foods can be ordered through Amazon here and they have pick up and delivery options)
- Blue Apron and Hello Fresh – Have no idea how to make a good meal because you are a regular restaurant patron? At-home meal kits like these are a no-brainer at this time. They send you all the ingredients and instructions on how to whip up a gourmet meal.
- Grubhub, Doordash, UberEats – Many of your favorite restaurants are still available for food purchase, even though you can’t dine-in. Consider delivery services like these above, or just call your favorite restaurant and pick it up yourself. These businesses need your support now, more than ever!
- Thrive Market – It’s like a trip to Whole Foods or Sprouts, delivered right to your door. Shipping is currently 10 days out, due to demand, but still a great resource.
- Daily Harvest – This has always been my go-to for nutritious on-the-go meals, and it seems like a fitting time to stock up on these meals for their nutritional benefits. They have smoothies, soups and bowls and use only the best ingredients. Use code LEAHBEHR for $25 off your first order.
Although we’re all eating at home a lot more now, PLEASE try to continue supporting small, local, businesses that are in desperate need of your support right now. These places already operate on tight margins, and a few weeks or months of this will put them completely out of business. Grabbing to-go meals from your favorite local restaurants is a great way to support your local economy.
We’re all in this together guys, and will get through.